MS Access files used to save data in database form. We can protect with password to this database files for the security reasons. Sometimes you may forget the password of those files. In some cases we have to search for sample databases or project source databases on the internet or copying from friend’s computer. After the downloading, the Ms-Access files encrypt with password by provider. If there is no hint or password from the uploader, what will you do? There is free software to recover/retrieve the password of MS-Access files.
Nirsoft Access Passview is the best free software to recover password from protected Access files. It can also help to retrieve the forgotten password, if you don’t know. This software recovers the password protected Mdb files created with Microsoft Access 95/97/2000/Xp/2003.
How to Retrieve the Password of Mdb file?
1. Download this software Access Passview. This software does not need installation.
2. Open it and select the Access file which you want to find out the password.
3. Click on “Get Password” and the password will be shown in the window within a second.
You can simply drag and drop the password protected Access files to Access PassView window. You can access this software via command line prompt by adding the filename as command line parameter.
Download Access PassView
• This software finds only the main database password and it can’t recover user level passwords.
• This software does not work with MS-Access 2007/2010 versions.
• In Access 2000/Xp version files, this software cannot find out the password that contains more than 18 characters.