Google now experimenting a lot of features with their newly introduced social networking site Google Plus. Facebook is top in this field, while google gives good features to overcome facebook. You already know about facebook fan page and like box, that connect the readers and website within one place. Now google has introduced these features as google plus pages and Badge for your website.
Badge for your google plus Pages.
A badge is similar to facebook like box, we can add the pages in our circle with the help of badge. This will be easy for readers do not miss the updates and posts. They can see latest updates and news within the google plus site. If your pages has some decent followers, your site traffic also increased. So putting the badge in your blog is a good way to attract the readers to join our circles.
How to Add the Google+ Badge to your Blog?
1. First note your google+ pages id number. An id is an unique number to your google+ pages. You may find it on the address bar of browser when opened your google plus page. It looks like as https://plus.google.com/104947150041662596665
Take the number part of URL Address. Eg: 104947150041662596665
2. Go to this link to create a new badge. https://developers.google.com/+/plugins/badge/preview
3. Paste the copied google+ pages Id below Link to this Google+ Page.
4. As soon as, you will see the preview of your Badge. Below that two sets of codes will be shown also.
5. First set of code to be copied in your blog’s html code within the head section. If you using blogger, go to your blogger design-> Edit html. Find the line <head> and paste above that line. Save your template.
Simple Code :
<!-- Place this tag in the <head> of your document--><link href="https://plus.google.com/104947150041662596665" rel="publisher">
6. Second code can be placed any of your desired place, simply Add widget and paste the code on it. In Blogger, go to your Blogger Design-> Layout -> Add widget.
Simple code :
<!-- Place this tag where you want the badge to render-->
<g:plus href="https://plus.google.com/104947150041662596665" size="badge"></g:plus>
You must change to your Google+ page Id with above codes in red color. That's it.
Google introduced this feature whom already joined the Google Platform Preview Groups. Google platform preview is one of the group of google that allow the members to preview google’s latest features before releasing public. So this is now in experiment mode not to public. Google will release this feature to public soon. Only that group members can see your badge otherwise it cant displayed for other readers. If you wish to join that group, click here to join Google Platform Preview Group.